Friday, March 14, 2014

Southwest expedition 2014

                  "Natural Elegance"

Horseshoe Bend. Arizona. February 2014.

It’s one of those places I’ve always wanted to photograph. One place I can cross off my bucket list. Lured by a desire to finally travel to my someday place, I drove almost 5 hours one way from Las Vegas just to get there. And when I finally arrived? The universe was definitely on my side. The conditions were perfect. The sunset. The sky. The whole composition of it was just awesome. There were amazing streaks of yellow and purple-sunbursts hitting the ridge of the canyon. But the wind?


When I got to the canyon the high winds were blowing so hard it was almost impossible to shoot. At one point, I thought I might lose my camera or worse...Shooting on the edge of the canyon was terrifying and exhilarating at the same time. An hour and a half later I was on my way back to Vegas-adrenaline pumping, and excited to share this photo.


Aloha 

Dustin J Acdal

No comments:

Post a Comment